Finding the right gift for Dad can be a daunting task, especially if he’s a hard guy to shop for. You could give him a funny gift, but that runs the risk of Dad missing the hilarity. You could get him a practical gift, but what if Dad already has everything he could ever need? So that leaves you with the reliable sentimental Father’s Day gift, the kind that, if chosen correctly, could guarantee to make it a present he’ll always remember.
Where do you even begin to try to find heartfelt Father’s Day gifts that he’ll treasure for years to come? We have put together a list of gift ideas to help you find a perfect gift that he’ll love and always remember.
Give Him a Thoughtful Keepsake
Giving him a special keepsake shows that you put thought into the gift and celebrates all that you love about Dad.
- I Love You Dad Wood Plaque: This plaque makes a great addition to Dad’s home office. Engraved on the plaque is a heartfelt passage thanking dad for helping you become the person you are today and reminding him just how important he is to you.
- Engraved Poem Glass Keepsake: If you want to write your own heartfelt passage on a keepsake for Dad’s office, this Engraved Glass Poem Keepsake will give you the perfect canvas to express your thanks to Dad for everything he’s done for you throughout your life.
- Personalized Tools Word-Art Clear Block Keepsake: This keepsake will look sharp on Dad’s desk and always remind him of the characteristics you love most about him. It’s also a great way to preserve one of your favorite photos for many years to come.
The effort involved with a handmade gift is a great way to show Dad how much you care.
- Make Dad a Book: Find some Father’s Day printables to help your little ones tell Dad all the things they love about him and have them draw pictures of their favorite activities with Dad. You can then take those pages and make a fun book for Dad that is sure to make him smile.
- Make Dad a Coupon Book: Compile a list of things Dad loves to do and create a book of coupons he can redeem to do those activities with you. This is surely a gift that Dad will love and use all year long.
- Make a memory box: Take any empty box and decorate it to look like a time capsule. Then fill it with all your favorite old photos and mementos of adventures with Dad. Include little notes with your favorite anecdotes not captured on film. Dad will love the trip down memory lane reliving all the great moments of your relationship throughout the years.
Create an Experience for Dad
Father’s Day is a great time to give Dad an experience and create even more memories that both of you will cherish for life.
- Movie Night at Home: Give Dad the best experience by creating a movie theater at home showing his favorite movie. You can create tickets, have a free concession stand with his favorite treats and make it a night perfect for the whole family to enjoy. If the weather’s nice enough, take the movie night outside to really make it a memorable experience.
- Breakfast in Bed: Breakfast in Bed isn’t just for moms on Mother’s Day. Get up early to make Dad all his favorite foods, brew his favorite coffee, and start his day off on the best note possible.
- Dad’s Favorite Hobbies: Father’s Day is a great time to do that hobby with Dad that, let’s be honest, might make you roll your eyes when he talks about it. Surprise him this Father’s Day by offering to spend time doing his favorite activity. He’ll love having the opportunity to introduce you to one of his favorite hobbies!
No matter what kind of sentimental Father’s Day gift you decide on for Dad this year, he’ll love it because it came from one of his favorite people. Just remember that it’s the thought of the gift and spending time with Dad that he’ll love the most.